Johnson Security Bureau, Inc. has been providing professional security guard, patrol and protective services since 1962. Based in the Bronx, New York, we are a third generation, minority- and woman-owned, family-owned and operated enterprise.
We are currently looking to add an experienced Human Resources Generalist to assists in coordinating and managing various HR site relation initiatives occurring within site departments. Fosters relationships with site staff. Assists in advising, coaching and counseling site employees on relevant issues. Educates departments on HR processes and procedures; answers employee questions via telephone and in person to provide exemplary customer service.
Experience in the security industry is highly valued, but not required.
Location: JSB Office, Bronx, New York
Work Type: Full Time
Pay Rate: $55,000.00 - $60,000
Experience: 3 years minimum in human resource
Expected duties may include but are not limited to:
- Handle a high-volume of screening and onboarding candidates;
- Preparation and delivery of updates and reports at weekly meetings;
- On-boarding of new hires;
- Track candidates throughout the on-boarding process;
- Participate in recruiting efforts;
- Conduct employment verifications;
- Facilitating background and drug tests;
- Conduct E-Verify;
- Conduct New Hire Orientation and Sexual Harassment Orientation;
- Enter new hires into payroll and various databases;
- Create new hire folders;
- Printing and distributing identification badges;
- Conduct employee counseling sessions and investigations;
- Participate in employee evaluations;
- Complete employment verifications;
- Track and update employee certifications and licenses;
- Manage job candidates in applicant tracking software;
- Interview and screen candidates;
- Work closely with operations and management teams;
- Participate in weekly management meetings;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- 3 years minimum in human resource.
- Strong and Consistent Work Ethic.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Excellent computer skills (ATS, Word, PowerPoint, E-Verify, background screening software, etc.).
- Professional Demeanor and Appearance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Command of the English language and ability to be clearly understood in English.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Authorized to legally work in the United States.
- Pass a drug test with negative results.
- Pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, and employment and education verification, as well as Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks, if applicable.
- If prior military, must be able to provide a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, upon job offer.
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time